Sunday, March 30, 2008

Things That Have Populated My Weekend

1) Patti Smith-
I'm not a Patti Smith fan. Songs that are ten minutes long and nonsensical aren't my cup of tea, but now I really really love the tragic "Redondo Beach" and the three minute "Free Money". I'll keep that to myself, though. When Patti Smith comes on a mixed CD, you can see your friends secretly judging/being confused about you.


2) Bridget Jones!-

First I watched Bridget Jone's Diary with my friend and we kept saying "Mark Darcy!" in an English accent sporadicly. I am not ashamed to say I love Bridget Jone's Diary. I think I'm a little ashamed that I enjoyed Bridget Jones: Edge Of Reason, which came on TNT last night. The plot is basically Bridget goes to Thailand, eats mushrooms, almost sleeps with Hugh Grant and then accidentally gets stuck in a Thailand prison. It's actually pretty awesome. However, Renee Zellweger gained like, thirty more pounds more than necessary. Also, now she is like a sitcom character.

3) The radio -

Not even internet radio. Real radio. I have to turn it up real loud to hear from across the room while using my typewriter, for if I plug both into the same outlet, one of them will not work. Hmm, is it the fifties?

1 comment:

LittlestWinslow said...

Patti Smith is definitely an odd-ball. I regret not goin to see her...she played at Toad's in New Haven. I totally should've went. UGH stupid stupid stupid

Horses is a GREAT album and so is Easter